stripe

Saturday, September 24, 2011

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.

Elizabeth has lost both of her front top teeth in the last week.  We took her to the dentist over the summer and she had two teeth loose at the time.   One on top and one on bottom.  She lost two on the bottom several weeks ago but these two on top have been holding out on us.

I finally pulled the left front last weekend.  She looked a little silly because the other one was basically sticking straight out and looked a bit like a fang.  I couldn't take it anymore and decided the fang needed to come out this weekend.  One little tug and I got it to start bleeding which showed me that it was more than ready.  After just a few wiggles it came out and only bled a little.


I got a few pictures of her today with her missing teeth.  I think she looks so cute.  I love it.  I have also noticed how full her face looks.  Her supplemental feedings are going great and she is finally putting on some weight.  Elizabeth has always been tiny but she is starting to get that fullness back in her face that I loved so much when she was younger.  

I guess I just didn't realize how gaunt she was looking this last year.  She is so happy and doing great.  Her therapists even feel like she seems stronger to them.  Here are some recent pictures of our toothless girl.  


A week before the first tooth came out.

Check out the fang.  This was last weekend.

Sticking her tongue between her new gap.

Have no idea why she chooses to hold her finger like this but it makes me laugh.  Thought it was a cute picture and shows off her precious gap.

Check out those full cheeks she has.

No comments: