We can't quite persuade David and Ella to always get Dickey's but tonight we decided to go there and eat instead of driving through. We thought Elizabeth deserved one of her favorite meals before her surgery. Didn't know that Dickey's had free soft serve when you eat inside but that was a bonus.
I know I sound up beat and silly but in all seriousness we have heavy hearts knowing that after tomorrow our sweet angel will have a G-Tube inserted in to her tummy. In our hearts we know this is the best decision long term but it is something that neither David or I wanted to do. We have been told by both her GI doctor and pediatricians that this is for the best since Elizabeth has had poor weight gain the last several years. She only weighs 9 pounds more than Ben right now to put it in perspective.
I know people have lots of questions about what a G-Tube is and what does that mean for her long term. Basically she will still eat by mouth which she has always done and will continue to do. It will give her supplemental nutrition each day to help her gain some pounds and sustain her weight.
We promised her tonight that we would make MANY more trips to Dickey's and eat turkey and Blue Bell ice cream for dessert.
Another reason I love Dickey's is because they play country music. I LOVE country music and I don't get to listen to it very often because David has brain washed Ella in to not liking it. In fact, she asked us at dinner tonight, "Would you rather listen to Justin Bieber or Country Music?" David said he thought Bieber would be the better choice. :)
That is neither here nor there. Blake Shelton came on singing "Home" and the tears started flowing. Tears that she was having to go through the surgery, tears because I know she won't understand and tears because we never wanted to have to go to this place. I know she will forgive us for putting her through this but it breaks my heart that we can't tell her why. I have a feeling she is going to mad for a while. :)
More than anything I wish I could explain to her that she will never have to take that yucky medicine by mouth ever again!!!!
Elizabeth grandma will make you your favorite chicken noodle soup and we will have Blue Bell ice cream ready for you when you get home. We love you sweet girl!

1 comment:
I LOVE Dickey's too. For me, it's the sausage and the BIG take home cup to use later! So, we will have to meet up and have us some turkey & sausage :)
Praying for you guys this morning. You are an amazing mother and friend and you have many a jewels in your crown already. Love you.
Post a Comment