I left the hospital yesterday around 3:30. My mom stayed with Elizabeth while David and I took Ella to Meet the Teacher. She is super excited about having Ms. Wright and she has several great friends in her class. After Meet the Teacher David left to be with Elizabeth and I stayed home with Ella and Ben.
Ella and I got up early this morning to drive back to the hospital to be with Elizabeth so David could go on to work. Ben stayed home with Grandma. That was the longest I have been away from him and I missed him so much but it was much easier at the hospital today. Ella really missed her sister so she wanted to go spend some time at the hospital with me. We were hoping to get to go home today around 12:00 but we didn't end up leaving until 4:15.
Elizabeth's face lit up when she saw Ella this morning. By the end of the day Ella was restless and ready to be home but it was so nice to have the company. I had to leave the room a few times for various reasons and Ella stayed back with Elizabeth so she wouldn't get sad.
Some silly clowns came by to visit the room. Ella thought they were pretty cool but Elizabeth wasn't so sure. I'm not a big fan of clowns myself so I will probably side with Elizabeth on this one. They did do a pretty impressive magic trick where they made clown noses disappear. They gave each girl a nose to take home and we got some cute pictures of them.
Grandma made Elizabeth her chicken noodle soup today while we were gone. Dinner was so yummy and Elizabeth ate really good. She needed a formula feeding before she went to bed so we decided to start it around 7:15. It takes about an hour right now and she was exhausted so we wanted to get it going so she could go to bed.
Everything is going along just fine. David talked to his parents, I was getting bags unpacked, the pump was finished and up came the ENTIRE feeding. It was awful. I don't do throw up well. David is usually the throw up guy around here. I guess adrenaline kicked in and we were able to get her all cleaned up and give her ANOTHER bath. Once she was clean she was all smiles again. We laid her in bed and within 5 minutes of turning off the light she was asleep. We put Ben's video monitor in her room so we could watch her tonight.
We are praying that she sleeps well tonight and her tummy gets settled before starting over tomorrow. It is going to be a trial and error but I am sure we will get this all figured out.
![]() |
| Such a loving big sister. |
![]() |
| Ben sleeping in the hospital on Thursday while hanging out with mommy. |
![]() |
| Not thrilled about the clown nose. |
![]() |
| Ella on the other hand is very thrilled about the silly clowns coming to visit. |
![]() |
| So excited to be going home. |
![]() |
| Ella checking out the awesome train at the hospital. |






1 comment:
Glad you are home. Ella is such a GREAT big sister. Love the pics.
p.s. Not a clown lover either...they are creepy to me.
Post a Comment