stripe

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Ella Gets her Ears Pierced

Today was a big day for Ella.  She has been talking about getting her ears pierced for well over a year now.  We even went to Sweet and Sassy one day ready to take the plunge and she decided against it at the last minute.  Well, today after church we went to Mi Cocina to eat and she said, "Let's get my ears pierced today."  So I told her we would talk about it during lunch and decide afterwards.  She was determined it was going to happen today.

She was so brave.  She sat right down and let the girl make the marks.  I was just waiting for the, "wait, wait, its it going to hurt?"  She never even flinched.  Not  even when both girls sat down with their guns ready.  They strategically held them behind their backs and they talked to Ella.  They said, "OK, on the count of 5." They started counting and one, two and on three.....Click!!!  Her ear's were pierced.  No tears.  No screaming.  All smiles.

She decided on the March birthstone (blue) earrings over February which is her birth month.  They look beautiful and match her eyes.  Tonight starts the 8 week long cleaning process.  Let's pray these next 8 weeks go as smoothly as the piercing itself.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Your blog is looking so cute! You have done a great job. Plus, I love seeing all the pictures of your family. We missed you today. Hope camp was fun this weekend and you weren't TOO hot. Glad to hear Ella was such a BIG girl getting her earrings. I had to wait forever because I was SO scared!!!