stripe

Monday, August 22, 2011

Ben is 6 months old.

 I cannot believe that 6 months has already gone by since my little man was born.  We truly feel like our family is complete and it is such a peaceful feeling.

Ben has brought so much joy to my life.  Every time he does something new or learns a new trick I just want to jump up and down and scream.  It is like having my first child all over again.  We celebrate every milestone.

Elizabeth was under a microscope her first year.  It was like watching grass grow wondering, "Was she going to roll over, smile, sit up, hold a cup, grab a toy on her tray, you name it."  She eventually learned to do some things but it all came very slowwwwwwwwww.

For that reason I just soak in every minute with Ben and take nothing for granted.  Some of these things seem small and trivial but to me, every milestone is a miracle and blessing from God.

The things I love to watch Ben do.....
*Roll over
*Smile
*Holds his bottle
*Try to hold his sippy cup and drink from it.
*Loves to pat anything he can get his hands on.
*Reaches towards everything.
*Laugh
*Grab his toes
*Suck on his toes.
*Rocks back and forth and gets excited when he sees his food coming.
*Jump like a wild man in his Jump Up.
*Starting to sit up on his own.
*Grab my face and neck and sucks on my cheek.
*Cries, "mmmmmm" when I lay him down and walk away.  (I like to think he is saying, "momma.")
*Loves to play with my mouth and neck when he eats.
*Stops nursing and looks up at me and smiles the sweetest smile.

Loves to pat my hand.
Smiling at his sister.  
Doing big boy push ups.
Sitting up.


We love you little man and can't wait to see the new things you will learn in the next 6 months.

1 comment:

Misty said...

He's growing SO fast - what a cutie. I see Dan in him...anyone else say that???